Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £27,000.00 to £28,000.00 year
The Maytime Inn has a fantastic new opportunity for a Sous Chef, Live-in Available. Nestling in the heart of the beautiful, peaceful and historic Cotswold village of Asthall, the Inn dates back to the 17th Century and in times gone by was a coaching inn with its own smithy.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time Sous Chef to become part of our young, motivated and passionate team here at the Maytime Inn. You must be a people person and have a passion for providing great food with an emphasis on locally sourced, fresh food. This is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef to make their mark amongst an award-winning and experienced team in a well established and busy independent business.
Salary of £27,000-£28,000 plus great tips.
- Maintain high food hygiene and kitchen safety levels
- Assist the Head Chef with the daily running of the kitchen including cost control, food margin and labour costs within the kitchen
- Be a key team player in the organisation of the kitchen and business as a whole
- Take control of the kitchen during the Head Chefs absence
- Be an integral part of menu development
- Train and recruit new team members and strive to be the best and get the best out of your team
- Understanding and knowledge of food hygiene and kitchen safety
- A confident and self-motivated team player who is driven and willing to learn and progress in the industry
- Passionate about delivering consistently high-quality food
- Imagination and understanding of food and flavours to create innovative dishes using local seasonal produce to high standards
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen and taking control in the absence of the Head Chef
- Be able to motivate the team during service, as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of food, health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- You must understand how your role contributes to the success of the business. Build effective and constructive relationships within the company whilst communicating clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous or Sous Chef
- Competitive salary
- Great tips
- Meals during shifts
- Uniform provided
- 28 days holiday
- Workplace pension
- Recruitment Incentive
- Great staff benefits package including discounts and loyalty scheme
*Please note LIVE-IN is available for this position.
We provide competitive rates of pay, flexible working hours and great tips too. If this sounds like the next challenge you have been looking for and you are willing to play a key role in a hardworking, enthusiastic young team please apply now.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £27,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year