Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: 18,000-18,500 per year + great tips
The Maytime inn has a fantastic new opportunity for a Live-in Kitchen Assistant/Commis Chef. We are currently looking for a full-time Kitchen Assistant/Commis Chef to become part of our young, motivated and passionate team here at the Maytime Inn. You must be a people person and have a passion for providing great food with an emphasis on locally sourced fresh food.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Kitchen Assistant/Commis Chef to make their mark and gain experience.
- Aid the kitchen in the running of a smooth service
- Ensure kitchen cleanliness is maintained
- Listen and learn from other members of the kitchen brigade
- Produce consistently high standard starters and desserts for guests
- Maintenance of high levels of food hygiene and kitchen safety standards
- Previous experience as a Kitchen Assistant/Commis Chef in high quality environment
- Ability to demonstrate basic cooking skills
- A genuine love and ambition to create excellent food using local and seasonal produce
- A confident, self-motivated, driven person willing to learn and progress in the industry
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform to consistently high standards in high-pressure situations
- Be reliable and willing to work hard to achieve your goals
- Show a level of flexibility and adaptability to meet the requirements of the role
- Competitive salary
- Great tips
- Staff discount
- Meals during shifts
- Uniform provided
- Working as part of a small team so you will get plenty of one on one time with the Head Chef
*Please note LIVE-IN is available for this position.
If this sounds like the next challenge you have been looking for and you are willing to play a key role in a hardworking, enthusiastic young team please apply now.