Salary: £18,000 plus great tips
Job Type: Full-time
The Maytime inn has a fantastic new opportunity for a LIVE-IN Commis Chef
Nestling in the heart of the beautiful, peaceful and historic Cotswold village of Asthall, the Inn dates back to the 17th Century and in times gone by was a coaching inn with its own Smithy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Aid the kitchen in the running of a smooth service
- Listen and learn from other members of the kitchen brigade
- Produce consistently high standard starters and desserts for guests
- Maintenance of high food hygiene and kitchen safety levels
- Previous experience as a Commis Chef in high quality environment
- Ability to demonstrate basic cooking skills
- A genuine love and ambition to create excellent food using local and seasonal produce
- A confident, self-motivated, driven person willing to learn and progress in the industry
- Attention to detail
- Ability to perform to consistently high standards in high pressure situations
- Be reliable and willing to work hard to achieve your goals
- Show a level of flexibility and adaptability to meet the requirements of the role
*Please note this is a LIVE-IN position.
We provide competitive rates of pay, flexible working hours and great tips too. If this sounds like the next challenge you have been looking for and you are willing to play a key role in a hardworking, enthusiastic young team please apply now.